Position Type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Annual Budget: $300K - $500K Endowment: $6.3 million
Mission statement: Founded in 1955, the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation is an independent non-profit 501(c) 3 organization committed to the enrichment and advancement of 4-H youth development programs throughout the Commonwealth. The Foundation generates and provides resources to help expand and market the 4-H program in Massachusetts.
Description of Position: The accounting manager oversees all accounting including operations, programs, and endowment through fund accounting. The position requires exercise of independent analysis, mature judgement and knowledge of Foundation operations. This is a part-time non-exempt administrative position (approximately 15-20 hours per week).
Responsibilities include managing the accounting and financial systems including, but not limited to, reporting, investment monitoring, bank reconciliation, and payroll processing.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage general ledgers and process journal entries.
- Manage data entry for all accounts payable and receivable, depreciation schedules, and prepaid expenses.
- Set up new funds and maintaining fund records.
- Process bank deposits, maintain bank statements and process monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare investment fund statements monthly and on request from donors and other agencies.
- Prepare operating fund and program fund statements and other reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports as required by the IRS, Commonwealth of Mass., and Division of Unemployment Assistance.
- Work with independent auditor to provide coordination and collection of information needed for annual audit, prepare audit (number related portions) and Forms 990 and PC for auditor’s review and approval.
- Work with vendors as needed and oversee insurance policies.
- Monitor credit cards.
- Support the Executive Director in the preparation of budgets.
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative procedures and systems to maximize the utilization of donations for 4-H programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or greater in Accounting or five years professional experience.
- Experience with fund accounting is preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, & Quicken or QuickBooks.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
- High level of professional and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience within a foundation environment is preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
To Apply: Interested candidates should e-mail resume with cover letter to: lflanagan@mass4Hfoundation.org
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants.