The 68th Annual Meeting of the Corporators was held at the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife in Westboro on May 9. 2023 featured a slate of speakers from the Foundation and 4-H. This meeting represented the Foundation’s first in-person Annual Meeting in four years. There, the trustees, corporators, and invited guests:
- Nominated new Trustees and Corporators for the 2023-24 year
- Heard from Ashley Randle, MDAR Commissioner, Foundation Trustee, and 4-H alumna
- Saw Steven Borgeson, the President of the Board of Trustees, present the annual Kent Lage Leadership Awards to two deserving graduating seniors, Hannah Swanson and Ella Griswold(link)
- Enjoyed an inspiring visual presentation from 4-Her Susan Barrows
- Learned about Massachusetts 4-H’s five-year plan from 4-H Interim Director Meg McDermott
- The Foundation welcomed new trustees Billy McBride, Associate Director of Athletics – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Amherst College and Jim Hicks, Chief of Police for the Town of Natick, as well as new corporator Kristiana Floss.
Trustees had the opportunity to see animal science and STEM 4-H clubs in action, with several clubs attending and demonstrating their skills, including the Upton Hoofbeats 4-H Club, Sutton Preservationists 4-H Club, Cottontails 4-H Club, Great Scott’s Rabbit & Cavy 4-H Club, and STEM Ambassadors from Holyoke and Springfield.
See you next year!